The largest metropolis in the State of Texas, Houston is a hub of culture, family fun, history, and outdoor recreation. Thanks to a brilliant balance between the preservation of the city’s storied past and the adoption of modern, contemporary living speckled with sprawling urban green spaces, Houston truly is the city that has it all. Best of all, you’re less than an hour’s drive from the breathtaking shores of the white sand Gulf coast beaches in Galveston. Talk about the perfect getaway!
Book your stay with some BUZZ today! A new way to travel! Enjoy complimentary fresh coffee, hotel quality linens, WiFi, smart TV, bottled waters, and more when you book your Houston vacation rental with us. All Buzz Vacation Rentals come with air conditioning, a washer and dryer, fully-equipped kitchens, and all the comforts and conveniences of home – some with private swimming pools! We also provide seamless online booking and check-in. Various locations to choose from, including vacation homes near premier attractions, and community landmarks like Kemah Boardwalk, River Oaks, George R. Brown Convention Center, Rice University, Toyota Center, Texas Medical Center, and the University of Houston.
Top 10 Attractions And Must-Do Experiences In Houston
- Community green spaces including Hermann Park and Memorial Park
- NASA Johnson Space Center Houston
- Houston Downtown Aquarium
- Museum District
- Theater District
- Shopping at Rice Village and The Galleria
- Minute Maid Park and NRG Stadium for sports fans
- Houston Zoo
- Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo in the spring
- There are more than 10,000 restaurants in the Houston area with culinary choices representing more than 70 countries and American regions.
- Houston has more than 500 institutions devoted to the performing and visual arts, science and history
- The Theater District, in downtown Houston, features seven renowned performing arts organizations and many smaller ones in four venues – one dedicated solely to dance.
- The Houston Museum District is one of the country’s most visited and diverse cultural centers with 20 museums within close proximity.
- There are more than 300 miles of interconnected bikeways throughout the City of Houston.
- As of 2014, the Houston Audubon Society has documented more than 400 species of birds in the Houston region.
- There are 198 golf courses within a 50-mile radius of downtown Houston.
- More than 145 different languages are spoken in Houston.
Learn more from our friends at Visit Houston.